Monday, January 4, 2016

keeping meals colorful.

Everybody who knows remotely anything about me knows that Mexican food is my spirit animal. Since the start of the new year, I have been trying to clean up my diet a bit and would really like to add more meatless meals to the menu. Decolonize Your Diet: Plant-Based Mexican-American Recipes for Health and Healing by Luz Calvo and Catriona Rueda Esquibel is beyond perfect for me as it includes traditional and delicious Mexican recipes, without the meat. I mean, as long as I can still have tacos I'm good with pretty much anything. The recipes scale from homemade tortillas to Pumpkin Mole so there's really something for every skill level. A beautiful history is revealed throughout the pages and every recipe is fresh, colorful, and good for your body.

No comments: