Tuesday, January 5, 2016

how to make your marriage happy.

Being a wife is the hardest job I have ever had. And that says a lot since I work with kids of all ages in the classroom and behind the camera. One of my New Year's resolutions is to work on bettering my role in my marriage. Over the last year and a half I have learned that marriage is give and take, but to make it work, it's mostly give. And giving is so hard sometimes. I found Dr. Karl Pillemer's 30 Lessons for Loving: Advice from the Wisest Americans on Love, Relationships, and Marriage to be extremely helpful, especially the parts on how to talk to your spouse without allowing the conflict to get the better of you. So much of this collection of advice spoke to me, because the struggle is REAL sometimes, and it's nice to know that people have gone through a lot of what I'm going through right now, it makes me feel less crazy. Now to implement it in my house...

No comments: