Tuesday, December 9, 2014

homemaker chic.

Madame Chic is my spirit animal. I am not chic by nature, but Jennifer L. Scott makes me feel like it's possible with her latest At Home with Madam Chic: Becoming a Connoisseur of Daily Life. Even though I'm all, hellllp meeeee I'm poor. Chic is a state of mind. It's your attitude about the mundane things that even chic people must get done. Being chic is about running your household smoothly and effortlessly, not because you have a fairy godmother or mice that braid your hair in the morning, but because you are organized and make the best use of your time. Being chic is about inner peace and charisma. It's working on your inner self which will reflect your outer self. There are two parts to this book. The first is how to get your home in order and love it again. The second is how to find pleasure in everyday life from afternoon pick-me-ups to making every family meal special. There are recipes, beauty routines, style tips, basically you will learn how to get your shit together as eloquently as possible.


No comments: