Wednesday, December 10, 2014

well this is fun.

I am always looking for a solid outlet for creativity, emotions, whatever I need at the time. Sometimes journaling is just too overwhelming, filling the pages with whatever you're feeling at the time. Words can stress me out. And I am not much of a drawer, seeing as I can't draw. I found that Adam J. Kurtz has found the perfect fit for me with his book titled 1 Page at a Time: A Daily Creative Companion, filled with 365 of prompts that are not just for writing. Sometimes life is not about being deep or profound, it's about getting through the fricken day. And that's what this book is about.


 
This is one of my favorite prompts. Write that message you just can't send to someone for whatever the reason. Get it out of your system and it will either allow you to get the courage to write it for real, or move on. 1 Page at a Time is filled with gems like this one. Oh, oh, I also really like the one where you write your bad habits on a page and then cut them out. You are able to get things out of your system, off your chest, LAUGH, whatever you need, Adam gives you permission to make this book whatever you want it to be.
 


No comments: