Thursday, February 21, 2013

legos sure have changed since i was little.

I am not going to sit here and tell you that I am some sort of closet Lego connoisseur and that I devote my life to Lego projects. Let's get real. The reason why I ask for copies of manuals like Make: Lego and Arduino Projects by John Baichtal, Matthew Beckler and Adam Wolf is because I want my nerdy boy students to think I'm cool. Which they do, by the way. And I say nerdy with love.



When I brought Make: Lego and Arduino Projects into school to show and tell, the boys were pretty pumped about it. Since I know nothing about any of this stuff, I got some help from them with writing this review. They thought the guide was really easy to follow, but that didn't surprise me since they are all pretty book smart. What I got from the whole experience is that you need Lego Mindstorms NXT 2.0 and the Arduino program to create any of the projects in this manual. My kiddos got a little bored with all of the introductions and would have preferred more step-by-step instructions/pictures for actual projects included.

Be prepared to shell out some extra bucks to complete any of the projects. This manual should be viewed strictly as a resource AFTER you have purchased the shields.

No comments: