Monday, April 23, 2012

the new "it" grain.

Quinoa is becoming a real crowd pleaser. The tiny edible seeds pack a ton of protein, fiber and iron. It is gluten-free and when cooked properly, does not suck. The problem is, no one knows what to do with quinoa, and rightfully so. Enter food lovers (and writers) Jessica Harlan and Kelley Sparwasser, they can assist you on your quinoa journey with their new cookbook, Quinoa Cuisine.


First, they explain what quinoa is, where it comes from, and what it does for your body (which is A LOT). Then they jump right into the recipes that help you incorporate quinoa into every meal, even dessert. The most intriguing? Chicken Potpie with Quinoa Biscuit Crust. WHAT IS THAT ABOUT? I never thought of making quinoa into a crust, fricken brilliant I tell ya. Listen, I'm no health expert. All I know is that I want to drop a few pounds before I meet up with my old (slutty) friend, Miss Bikini. I want to feel fuller, longer and these recipes will help.

No comments: