Wednesday, November 18, 2015

bossladies and gents.

This past year I began a photography business, so Strategize to Win: The New Way to Start Out, Step Up, or Start Over in Your Career by Carla Harris spoke to me. It was written for the twenty-two-year-old college graduate, those of you who are finding careers after the military, and people like me. The people who got a degree that they are barely using and JUST got the guts to pursue something they are passionate about. I am not the kind of person who can do the same thing everyday. That's why I quit teaching fulltime and started subbing. That's why I take photographs. In her book, Harris points out that it's no longer best to stay at the same company for decades, and I'm like RIGHT!? Because I just can't. I found all the chapters to be helpful, but the chapters on building relationships and communication were the best for me.


Don't know exactly what you want to do? Read this book. Harris made me feel much more comfortable sorting out the next move in my career journey, and I know she can do the same for you.

No comments: