Wednesday, January 14, 2015

not for every parent.

I'm not big into reality television. I mean, if JWOW & Snookie are on or it's The Bachelor season finale, I'll tune in. But I haven't committed to anything. I have heard about Dance Moms on Lifetime, I just could never bring myself to watch it, which is crazy because I LOVE dance competitions. But I mean, a train wreck on The Real Housewives of New Jersey is expected, but a train wreck involving cute little dancers is no fun. However, I may give the show a try after reading Abby Lee Miller's Everything I Learned About Life, I Learned in Dance Class which is a tough love guide dedicated to helping parents of talented kids make it big. This book isn't for every parent, especially if you're one of those parents who thinks every kid in the softball league should get a trophy, even if they didn't make it to the championship. Oh, oh, or you love participation ribbons, yes. Those parents should worry about other things, like your child becoming a serial killer. But if you want to help your kid follow their dreams, Miller will get you started.

No comments: