Wednesday, December 3, 2014

timeless interior design.

I love a good coffee table book. More than a lot of things. There's nothing like having a pretty book on an end table to make you look fancy. Especially if it's Elements of Style: Designing a Home & a Life by Erin Gates. Firstly, anybody who gives me permission to decorate my home with books is a friend of mine, and Gates is all about it in this ahh-mazing interior design resource which is divided into sections, all organized and stuff.



Elements of Style begins with the entry way, then moves onto the living room, the kitchen, the dining room, family room, bedroom, bathroom, a short stint in the nursery, the office, closet, sunroom and outdoor spaces. Phew, that's a lot packed into 300+ pages, and also includes a resource guide where Gates likes to shop, so many gorgeous photos, tips on how to make the best use of your space, AND PAINT COLORS for you to copy! It is so hard to find the right paint color let me tell you. I loved this book so much, and am now keeping it on an end table in my guestroom for my guests to enjoy as well.

No comments: