Monday, December 1, 2014

ma'am, i'm going to need to see your library card.

I actually got a library card a few weeks ago. I found myself buying older books written by my favorite authors on Amazon, and it started costing me a fortune, so I traveled back in time to 1990 and got myself a library card. My five-year-old self is thanking me.



The first (mildly strange smelling) book I read was Janet Evanovich and Dorien Kelly's Love in a Nutshell following a girl named Kate who recently moved to a seaside town in Michigan year round after growing up spending summers there. Her life was pretty much falling apart all around her, she needed a change, so she decided to fix up her parent's rundown lake house and turn it into a Bed and Breakfast. When trying to find a job to support her renovation she meets Matt, a handsome brewery owner (among other things), who hires her to help him figure out who is sabotaging his business. Since everyone loves Matt in this very townie town, it's pretty shocking that anyone would try to ruin him. Kate and Matt get closer and closer, especially after a few threats on Kate's life. It's a cutesy novel, but sometimes I need a little cutesy in my life.

No comments: