Wednesday, April 16, 2014

couples bible study.

My fiance and I have been attending premarital mentoring classes about once a month, which is mandatory through the church we are marrying at in July. We are actually getting a lot of out the experience. We meet with a couple who have been married for 30 years, and we talk about all of those things you should discuss before you get married. They also give us advice, and it's nice to bring up some of our issues and get other people's perspectives.


Uncommon Marriage Bible Study by Tony and Lauren Dungy is a 5-week guide that I have perused, but I plan on really getting into it with my guy after our mentoring is complete. This couples Bible study explores Scripture and how it relates to the good, the bad, and the ugly in relationships today. After reading through the pages myself, I noticed that it would actually work really well in a small group discussion, if that is your thing. This marriage resource does have similar advice and Scriptures used in other relationship-based Bible studies that some of you may be familiar with, Chapman, Townsend, etc. but as someone who hasn't read any other books on the topic of marriage and relationships other than The 5 Love Languages (which I totally recommend as well), I found these cute Dungy's and the way they share their personal experiences that are relatable to real life and Scripture, very helpful. 

No comments: