Thursday, April 19, 2012

"i know it will help you and your family" - jennifer lopez.

As you all know, I don't have children. I don't even know what I would do with them if they ever came about. Considering a lot of you out there DO have children (bless your hearts), I like to be selfless and do you the occasional solid, and review helpful books for parents (and caregivers). I hear it's quite the journey, so y'all need all the help you can get.
Author Erica Reid is the one you should be thanking after you read her parent-oriented self-help book titled, The Thriving Child: Parenting Successfully Through Allergies, Asthma, and Other Common Challenges. Did I just hear a sigh of relief from the new parents? Jennifer Lopez (yes, THE J-LO) has a foreword at the beginning of the book, talking about how fabulous Reid is and how practical the Thriving Child actually is. I mean, it speaks for itself with chapters that include (but are not limited to), how to keep your kids healthy, how to help them thrive at school, and how to nurture them in every way possible, but a plug from Jenny from the block always helps. Reid's tips on nutrition, medicine and education will save the day, and she even closes with easy recipes that every kid will love. Yes, even your devil child. The Thriving Child comes out on May 8th!

Erica and Jennifer, just a couple of moms trying to get by. 

No comments: