Monday, August 2, 2010

poor bree.


I am sure many of you have heard of a little series of books called the Twilight Saga. Well, in Eclipse (the movie was released in June), there was a big vampire war. If you read the book, you will remember a little vampire named Bree who made it to the end of the battle because the Cullens took pity on her. She ends up being killed by the Volturi, and I remember while reading, feeling sad. Not that I'm a vampire freak, but I enjoy Stephanie Myers characters so much, I felt like Bree's story ended too soon.

Myers felt the same way - as she explains in the introduction of her latest short novel, The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner. A very short life indeed. I read the book in a few hours. I am really glad Myers took the time to give us a little insight on Bree's past along with her short lived vampire life. Bree wasn't a typical newborn, she was tame and smart. She knew how to stay alive and be discrete. Other characters were mentioned - ones we never got to meet in the saga. They were wild vampires, but Myers didn't get gory in the details of their feedings, which was nice. And, we get to see how our favorite vampire coven from a different perspective.

It's definitely worth the read, even though we know how it ends.

No comments: