Wednesday, July 15, 2015

a diary of an illness.

The Ghost in my Brain: How a Concussion Stole My Life and How the New Science of Brain Plasticity Helped Me Get it Back is a true account designed for anyone suffering or has someone close to them suffering from a traumatic brain injury or, as the title states, even a concussion. Dr. Clark Elliott writes of his experiences after a concussion he received in a car accident and it is out of this world scary. Like, I will never let my son if I ever have one play a contact sport scary.  His accident happened in 1999 and he was a professor focusing on artificial intelligence at the time, what was viewed as a minor concussion changed everything . Elliott shares his symptoms and how he has found life again after trauma through brain plasticity. What helped him could help you or someone you love, so it's worth the read.

No comments: