Tuesday, June 30, 2015

use every crayon in your box, or colored pencil, or gel pen.

I don't know what to tell you, I am just totally into these adult coloring books. I have recently started doing those painting classes where you drink a lot of wine and all paint the same basic thing, I find those to be very relaxing, and they get my creative juices flowing. Coloring Flower Mandalas: 30 Hand-Drawn Designs for Mindful Relation by Wendy Piersall is much cheaper and the chances of drinking an entire bottle of merlot by yourself is slim (or maybe not?)


Anyways, Piersall is a fabulous artist and has created gorgeous flower outlines with lots of different levels of detail to color, her goal being to help readers relax, focus and reach a higher state of mindfulness. Take 30 uninterrupted minutes out of your day, play some music, and color, it's supposed to be soothing and meditative. See how it makes YOU feel.

No comments: