Wednesday, April 15, 2015

if pinterest was a book.

I am now twenty-nine and married. But before all that, I lived with my parents for a freakishly long time. I moved out for a short stint in my early twenties, but it wasn't until I was TWENTY-SEVEN that I moved out officially. And that was less than two years ago. When I moved out I had a rude awakening, and not just because I was living alone with a man. Since my husband (then fiancé) is the major bread winner and works wayyy more than I do, I took on the role as homemaker. With no real prior training. I mean, during my first year of teaching my mom packed my lunch for me everyday. And it was delicious. But I had to get my life together before my man woke up one day and was like UMM WHY AM I MARRYING HER. Since I am almost six years younger, I still get to ride that little baby wave. But I had to make some major changes and learn a few things about separating lights and darks, proper grocery shopping for two, cooking healthy meals from scratch, and cleaning the toilets. Really keeping house in general. I had never kept a house! This is probably why during our first year of living together I plotted his murder daily. Ladies you need to be prepared!! Even if you are out there with your careers thinking to yourself that you will NEVER become Susie homemaker. Um, if you get married, yes you will. END RANT.


Homemakers: A Domestic Handbook for the Digital Generation by Brit Morin is AMAZING for those of you who are digitally inclined and domestically incompetent. It's a brand new world out there since our mom's were homemakers, especially in the kitchen. Brit's super gorgeously colorful spread includes must-have kitchen gadgets and apps for every millennial. Your mom can use them, too. There are tips for every room in your home, and a crazy organized index that will easily help you find what you are looking for. For example, photo editing, chalkboard walls, curtains, parties, recipes upon recipes, and 8403842 others. This book is packed, and super adorable, just like Brit. A great gift for the college graduate or bride to be.

No comments: