Monday, March 23, 2015

theory into practice.

I have a lot of friends who teach early childhood education, and I am beyond excited to pass on Pedagogy and Space: Design Inspirations for Early Childhood Classrooms by Linda Zane to each of them! With all of this Common Core drama, it's nice to see a book go back to the basics. I assure you, classroom design DOES matter, and it DOES affect the children in your room and how they learn. I cannot emphasize enough the importance of a comfortable learning environment. Zane has collected pictures of some of the best classrooms I have ever seen, and you can feel free to copy! It's all about collaboration, people!  Each reflects a different educational approach/learning program, so you are bound to find one that fits your style. My favorite? The Waldorf Educational Approach, hands down. The learning spaces promote fantasy, imagination, and creativity. ALL of my favorite things. And Zane makes putting theory into practice so easy!

No comments: