Friday, June 13, 2014

another gift for your female grad.

Girls. When you turn 18, it's all over for you. Okay, not really. But you do have some choices to make. Like where to go to college and what passions to pursue. Finding your purpose can be a little overwhelming. Your life is no longer mommy and daddy's responsibility, it's your own.  And that can be fricken terrifying.


In 2008 Alexis Jones co-founded the National non-profit organization I AM THAT GIRL to address the growing need for community for girls and young women by helping to build self-esteem and realize their full potential. That is what her book, I Am That Girl: How to Speak Your Truth, Discover Your Purpose, and #bethatgirl is all about. I wish a book like this was around 10 years ago, I could have used it as I still don't really know what I want to be when I grow up, and I'm too scared to pursue my bigger dreams for real at this stage in the game. Alexis throws some tough love into this helpful guide revolved around discovering your purpose, and gives the type of advice that many high school grads NEED to hear.

No comments: