Thursday, January 30, 2014

take gluten-free bread to the next level.

So I accidently made a grilled cheese sandwich on gluten-free bed that my mom had sitting around at her house the other day, and I have to say, I didn’t notice a thing. I mean, I do double the cheese on such a classy entrĂ©e, but I don’t think one had much to do with the other. Whatever brand it was, it was tasty. Now, I love homemade bread much more than store bought, so you can imagine my excitement when I received Gluten-Free on a Shoestring Bakes Bread by Nicole Hunn. I mean, I’m not eating any bread until I’m at my wedding weight, but at least I’ll be prepared for when I can properly feed myself again. 


Hunn doesn’t only include recipes for loaves of bread in this recipe book, obviously. She doesn’t even stick to one flour; more than just the basic all-purpose gluten free flour is used in most of her recipes. There are recipes for crescent rolls, monkey bread, sticky buns, ALL the good stuff. And I love me some Nicole Hunn monkey bread. Also, this cookbook is serious. It is incredibly well-researched and tested, it has to be. The chemistry is already done for you. All you need to do is follow the instructions and make some fab carbs that won’t make your bellyache.

No comments: