Tuesday, June 5, 2012

BEA 2012.

I just returned from my day at BookExpo America (BEA) at the Jacob Javits Convention Center in the big apple. I am absolutely exhausted from dragging all of my (free) books back to Queens. Thank you to all of the strapping lads who helped me on the Subway stairs, and the manfriend for saving my arms from falling off on the trek to my car. Drama queen over here, but really, I can barely lift my toothbrush.



After gorging on two giant slices from my favorite neighborhood pizzeria owned by the farthest thing from Italians, I am here to write to you about the days events. I met a lot of extremely helpful people who gave me tips on generating more interest over here at Kick Ass Book Reviews. Since I do absolutely nothing now but post some of my favorite books onto Pinterest, it really got me thinking. I may not be the hippest chick around, but I sure as hell am entertaining. I'm thinking my summer project will be to review more books, do that whole Twitter thing with those weird #sayings. Possibly join the blogger radio world, since I have an excellent phone voice, and try to reach out to more of you book loving hoodrats.



I met dozens of authors, but one stood out to me a little more than the others. I'm sure you can see why. Molly Ringwald was signing her new book, When It Happens to You, which comes out in August. I played it totally nonchalant when I met her. She told me that she liked my name, I told her that I liked her face. I felt as cool as Claire Standish.

No comments: