Saturday, March 3, 2012

nerd alert!

In an attempt to become even freakishly closer than we already are, I have recently asked my grandmother to teach me how to knit. Alice and I are pretty much the exact same person birthed fifty years apart, that being said, our knitting lessons usually include mild yelling and an occasional throwing of the knitting needles, but they always end in a hug. Kidding, we are definitely not huggers.


I got the hang of a few stitches and have been really enjoying myself while knitting. I recently received Knits for Nerds by Joan of Dark (ummmm..) a.k.a. Toni Carr to read and review, and it couldn't have come at a better time. This book is filled with 30 knitting projects, focused on recreating superhero/fantasy character type clothing and accessories. No lie. There is a Fantasy section, Science Fiction section and Comic Book section. Sooooo nerdy, I eat this stuff up. Some of the projects that I actually understood include: Trek girl dresses, space princess hats (with the princess Leia buns on the side), and baby elf beanies (which are really cute). The directions for every project are included with materials and row instructions. When to knit, when to purl and all that jazz. Super cool book for nerds, dorks and regular people alike. I mean, Halloween does come once a year.

No comments: