Thursday, January 26, 2012

yeah, national jenilee baking day turned into me making two things and then quitting.

The cooking, baking, and making of food is TIME CONSUMING. Even when the recipes are not remotely difficult. Who has the time? Not me. So I will leave National Jenilee Baking Day and you all with the Almond Biscotti I baked up from Stacy Adimando's cookbook, The Cookiepedia.



The Cookiepedia is a collection of more than 50 popular cookie recipes. After looking through the cookbook, and enjoying the pretty photography by Tara Striano it became obvious to me that cookies are not hard to make. And who doesn't love cookies? Nobody, that's who. I chose to make the Almond Biscotti because I am obsessed with Gilmore Girls. There is an episode where Rory and Lorelai come home from Europe with biscotti, and have "biscotti moments" when funny things happen. I decided that I want my mother and I to have biscotti moments. Oh, and I already had all of the ingredients.

This recipe was extremely easy to follow, just a little high maintenance with the whole combine ingredients, cook, rotate, cook, cool, cut, cook. However, I consider combining more than three ingredients to be high maintenance. I photographed as I went.


You combine the ingredients and then make the dough into two logs.
(then the cook, rotate, cook, cool)


Then you cut them into 1/2 inch pieces, some of mine are too big, but whatever.
(you cook again)

  
Then you get biscotti!!! If I can do it, anyone can do it. Trust me.


**To win a FREE copy of this cookbook email your name, address and this book title to jenileerose@yahoo.com!

No comments: