Monday, January 23, 2012

do this, don't get sick. pretty simple.

Whenever I brag about my tendency to "never get sick" I find myself in Switzerland with bronchitis, don't ask. So I am not going to begin this review of a book titled The Secrets of People Who Never Get Sick: What They Know, Why It Works and How It Can Work For You by telling you that I never get sick. I will however, include a few of author Gene Stone's remedies along with some of my own.


A few of Gene and Jenilee's Secrets:
  • Take a cold shower. *My opinion, you need to take a hot/cold shower. Hot for two minutes, cold for thirty seconds, hot for two minutes, cold for thirty seconds...a few times, but end on cold.
  • Put oregano oil under your tongue, leave it there for as long as you can without it burning your mouth off (or like five minutes) and then swallow it. Your sore throat will be gone.
  • Have hot and sweaty sex, sure beats the sauna (okay, that one was all me).
  • Dunk your head in hydrogen peroxide. Totally normal.
  • Stay active, you'll get sick less.
Food Secrets:
  • GARLIC!!! Sounds gross, is gross, eat it and you will feel better. It is like a natural antibiotic.
  • Lemon juice and honey. Squeeze the lemon in, mix in honey and drink it.
  • Vitamin C, goes without saying.

I don't know about you, but when I feel myself getting sick, I will try ANYTHING to make it stop. If you follow the secrets in this book (there are A LOT to choose from), you can avoid the pain and boredom of being stuck in bed, sick, all day long, missing work AND happy hour. Unless of course you are looking to jump start a diet. Don't act like you haven't thought that before.

No comments: