Monday, June 21, 2010

sexual adventures.


The Last Living Slut: Born in Iran, Bred Backstage, WOW. Roxana Shirazi wrote the most hardcore, balls to the wall biography I have ever read in my life. Even the title is gutsy. I walked into this story totally digging this girl, and left only liking her more.

In the first half of the book, you get to see the real Roxana. She was born in Iran during the political revolution. She takes you along on her journey from Iran to England when she was ten years old. She gives you a vivid look inside of her life. Like, mouth open in shock vivid. Like,' is she serious? I can't believe she's telling me this,' vivid. It's pretty extreme. Roxana gets as personal as one can get, especially when it comes to sex with notorious band members. She drops some serious names that you will undoubtedly recognize. Yeah, she may have been a little slutty, (don't judge) but I've gotta say, I've never met a slut quite as deep and profound as her. There is no blame or shame game, what happened, happened - and she wants us to know.

I think what really touched me the most about Roxana was her honesty. She is so much more than a groupie who kiss and tells, she is a woman who took control of her own life and made her own rules. I can respect that.

****to win a copy of this book e-mail your name, address and this book title to: jenileerose@yahoo.com

No comments: