Thursday, August 20, 2015

did we just become best friends?

Bill Kreutzmann from the Grateful Dead would absolutely have been my spirit animal had I been a hippie in the 60's (I'm still not positive I wasn't in a former life). I did get to know him pretty deeply in his recent memoir (audiobook) titled, Deal: My Three Decades of Drumming, Dreams, and Drugs with the Grateful Dead where he shares intimate details and personal anecdotes from his time on the road. I never imagined that a member of such an iconic band would be this chatty, or honestly, remember much of his experience, but Kreutzmann shares a lot of insight from his time drumming over two thousand concerts, and bandmate Jerry Garcia. Lots of sex, lots of drugs, and lots of rock and roll. All the makings of a kick ass memoir.


No comments: