The Gentle Art of Horseback Riding by Gincy Self Bucklin is a step-by-step riding guide for those who want to learn everything important before mounting your steed. Bucklin even incorporates a lesson-plan format to help you experienced riders teach others.
This resource includes:
· The seven steps for dealing with fear-related stress
· Interpreting your horse’s behavior and body language
· Saddling up, riding in half-seat positions, and using the reins
· Basic movements, including walk, trot, canter, turns, and transitions
· More advanced trotting, cantering, galloping, hill work, and fence jumping skills
If you’re new at this, and you don’t want to take lessons, or feel stupid going into your first lesson with no knowledge, this is the perfect resource for you.