Tuesday, December 15, 2015

travel bug.

Today we are going to chat about gifts for the wanderlust traveler in your life. I review a ton of Lonely Planet travel guides because I've used them, love them, and trust this company. These guides make the PERFECT gift for the person in your life who has a trip planned or needs a little push to make their dream a reality. Most recently I read the Lonely Planet Hawaii Travel Guide which covers The Big Island to Maui and everywhere in between. I've actually been to Oahu, which I've mentioned in previous posts. I loved Hawaii so much and cannot wait to go back to see more of it (and bring my husband this time).




One of the things I love about Lonely Planet travel guides is that they tell you EXACTLY what you need to see. In the Hawaii installment, they have a Top 20 which is super helpful if you are feeling overwhelmed about what to fit into your itinerary. Everyone has different goals when they travel and Lonely Planet is great at accommodating all types of travelers. I did Hawaii differently with my girlfriend who was living there at the time than I would had I been vacationing with my husband. We got up every morning at 5:30 (I was still on mainland time) and hiked something. I chose paddle boarding in Lanikai and sea turtle watching on the North Shore over paying for and traveling during rush hour to the most popular luau. There is no wrong way to do Hawaii, unless you pass on the Kuala pork, but Lonely Planet will help you plan whatever your version of the perfect trip is, wherever that may be.

No comments: