Tuesday, September 22, 2015

women are made to be crazy.

I haven't been in the mood for novels lately. Which never happens. I love novels. I love getting sucked into stories and fictional character's lives. But lately, I just can't get into any of the one's I've started. Spotting Moody Bitches by Julie Holland, M.D. on my nightstand reminded me that I am probably the problem. So I took a break from novels and dove in. Doctor's orders.



The full title is Moody Bitches: The Truth About the Drugs You're Taking, the Sleep You're Missing, the Sex You're Not Having, and What's Really Making You Crazy, and one of the main focuses of Dr. Holland is the issue with women being prescribed antidepressants because they are having a bad day. Or a bad week. Hello, that's being a woman. Our moods are ever changing. I can't even find a novel I want to read. She clarifies that if you literally cannot get out of bed for weeks at a time, seek help, but being a normal human woman means having some crazy up and downs. The doctor moves on to other lady topics, like sex and sleep, female cannabis, parenting, the importance of downtime, and how to stay sane in your crazy life without medication. As a crazy woman, I found her words extremely interesting and rather soothing. I know you will, too.

No comments: