Monday, September 7, 2015

migwech.

::REPOST (because there's no laboring today)::

I just finished reading Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by my new spirit animal, Cheryl Strayed. At the age of twenty-six this woman hiked 1,100 miles of the PCT, ALONE. Just her, Monster (her backpack), and her 4 toenails. This is her memoir of her time on that trip, also going back to how she found herself doing something so seemingly impossible. Her mother passed away when she was twenty-two, leaving her heartbroken enough to totally sabotage her marriage and dive into a heroin haze. She decided she needed to find herself, so she went on a very long walk until she did. She had no prior training, just a reference guide and nothing to lose. This was such a beautiful story. I loved the many people she met along the way. And how things didn't go as Cheryl had planned pretty much ever. Her hike was interrupted countless times. There were detours and mishaps, but she finished what she started.



I would love to channel my inner Cheryl Strayed and do something this extreme. But I'm a married lady. So instead I've decided to go to my cottage by myself and do a 3 day juice cleanse. Because, I mean, that's almost the same thing, right?

No comments: