Monday, June 22, 2015

intelligent. funny. mildly innapropriate. all of my favorite things.

Modern Romance by stand-up comedian/fricken hilarious, Aziz Ansari was more fun than any "self-help" book should be. Being married, it mostly made me laugh out loud and be grateful that I am not longer in the dating scene. But I appreciated his take on finding romance in this tech-heavy world we live in. And seeing how there are SO many different ways to communicate and meet people these days, how ironically difficult it is to find love. I have a girlfriend who lives in DC dealing with this. Between online dating, going out in bars, Tindr, Facebook, she has countless ways to meet men, seemingly makes connections with them, and it then leads to a big black whole of nothing. WHAT IS GOING ON? Well Aziz teamed up with NYU sociologist Eric Klinenberg to give you some insight on why finding your perfect match is so hard.

No comments: