Wednesday, April 8, 2015

peaks and valleys, mountains and beaches.

I love, love, LOVE California. I've been there three whole times and just fell in love...with the areas I visited and In-and-Out Burger. I've been to San Diego (it was my (now) hubby and mine's first vacation together), and I've also visited friends in Burbank/LA, went to Disneyland and visited Catalina for the day. That being said, I do feel that I am well equipped to handle my next review, Lonely Planet's Los Angeles, San Diego & Southern California Travel Guide.


If you want to make the most out of a vacation to somewhere new, you have to be prepared. Lonely Planet does a great job of telling you what you really NEEEEED to know about a place. Like how much money you are likely to spend and how to get around. One of the most fabulous things about Southern Cali is the beaches. There are beaches everywhere and Lonely Planet lists them all for you and shows you how to get there. If you like theme parks, they have a section for that. If you like wine, they have a section for that. If you want to try to run into a Kardashian, they have a section for that. You get the idea. I also think it's worth mentioning that Lonely Planet also includes any big happenings that are going on in that area monthly. For example, if you are visiting California in February, maybe you'd like to be around for the Academy Awards. I planned a trip during that time coincidentally (I am from Buffalo, the Academy Awards in LA are like our Super Bowl Sunday, I had no idea) and had the best time walking around the night before, looking at everything. Don't have an itinerary? Lonely Planet has one that will fit your needs. Want to know exactly what this travel guide covers? Well, let me tell you: Downtown Los Angeles, Hollywood, Malibu, Santa Monica, Venice Beach, Disneyland, Orange County, Laguna Beach, San Diego, Palm Springs, Santa Barbara. I took the liberty of bolding all of the places I've been, you won't regret visiting!

Love at first sight. And yes it does rain in Southern California.

The night before the Oscars. (I stole that umbrella).

Frank.

Our trip to the Zoo, May 2012.

No comments: