Wednesday, March 18, 2015

i've never met a soup i didn't like, still true.

I love soup! I have come to love it even more during this HORRIFIC winter Western New York has been through. And I think its supposed snow in two days, but let's not think of that now. Let's think of warmer things. Like soup. Soup of the Day: 365 Recipes for Every Day of the Year by Kate McMillan is amazing! 365 soup recipes, now that is something I can get behind. I'm so cold.


This recipe book follows the days of the year, beginning with New Years Day all through New Years Eve. There are recipes for the staples like French onion soup, chicken noodle, stews, chowders, and chili, but there are more unique and delicious ones in between. Many of the recipes are vegetarian friendly because what's more vegetarian than soup? Am I right? Some of the recipes only have like 7 ingredients, one of them being salt, which is great for people like me who refuse to even look at a recipe that includes more than 10 ingredients. I literally skip those. Ain't nobody got time for that. These recipes are diverse, seasonal, and easy to make, packed with fresh ingredients. The tomato bisque is my favorite right now.

I don't know, maybe you're stuck in a soup rut, maybe you're feeling a little wild and want to make a soup you've never tried before, if that's the case, McMillan has got you.

No comments: