Thursday, March 26, 2015

charming first installment.

I can't imagine living in a world where I couldn't choose my own husband. In my own life, sometimes I feel that it wasn't even a choice, that it was meant to be, but that's only when I'm feeling mushy and like my husband again for five minutes. Leona is torn between the man she is supposed to marry and the man she wants to marry in Shelley Shepard Gray's, The Promise of Palm Grove, book one in the Amish Brides of Pinecraft series, which I'm sure is an ordinary problem for many Amish brides. It's not like her betrothed, Edmund, isn't a good man. He is, maybe a little controlling, but he isn't awful, okay, maybe he is. But anyways, the real problem is, he isn't fun and he doesn't cherish Leona. Not like Zachary Kauffman, who Leona meets in Pinecraft, Florida on an Amish mini-vaca with her girlfriends (Amish girls are just like us?).


Leona must decide whether or not to return to Ohio and marry grumpy Edmund or stay in Pinecraft for a possible life with the kind-hearted Zachary. What's an Amish girl to do?

No comments: