Friday, March 13, 2015

all the women who are first time parents.

I don't know about you, but when I have kids, I totally want to plant the seeds of lifelong success in their little baby brains. Which is why I read Tovah P. Klein's How Toddlers Thrive: What Parents Can Do Today for Children Ages 2-5 to Plant the Seeds of Lifelong Success which came out last month and is a roaring success itself! Dr. Klein will help you create a much more fun and relaxing environment for your toddler. Yes, fun and relaxing, I didn't think those two words would ever be used referring to child rearing either. And no, Klein doesn't promote a lack of discipline, she stresses that the parent is in control and that being present and consistent are important in raising a toddler. That makes total sense, and I feel that in my generation, with our cell phones and our Facebook pages, even being in engrossed in the blogs we follow (guilty!), we may lose sight of the importance of being present while raising our children. So many scenario's are included in this book, I know that Klein has touched on at least two of the problems you're facing with your own toddler, and includes suggestions on how to handle them. Klein is a psych professor, so she does get scientific about the development of a toddler, which lets parents see into their little heads a bit, which is a nice touch. But really, even though I haven't done it yet, I feel that raising a toddler is fricken hard, because everything is a battle, am I right? Educate yourself on how to fight or not fight the battle in a way that works best for you and your family.


No comments: