Thursday, February 12, 2015

the new cake decorating bible.

I do have a bestie who doubles as a baker/cake decorator. And honestly, she's been a life savor for many an event. She makes my little brother's birthday cake every year, whatever he wants. Last year it was Frozen themed, he turned 26, whatever. But sooner or later, she's going to get married, have her babies, and she may not have time to give us the gift of beautiful cakes for all of our special events. That's where Artisan Cake Company's Visual Guide to Cake Decorating by Elizabeth Marek comes in. I do have the prerequisite of cake decorating class at summer camp 15 years ago, so I am totally ready for this guide to take me to the next level. Marek includes delicious cake recipes that do not come out of the box, along with the basics on creating, chilling, assembling that many decorating books leave out. There are examples upon examples, and as a visual learner, I appreciated all the photographs, especially the ones of what the batter should look like. I mean, how am I supposed to know that batter has a look? Anyways, this is a cake decorating guide for everyone, there is always something new to learn, and Marek will make sure you learn it. 5+ stars.

No comments: