Friday, January 16, 2015

the einstein of bar books.


I love a good cocktail book. I have two bars in my home. Yes, two. So I can always use one or seven as décor. Because I'm classy like that. Dave Arnold takes cocktail books to a whole new level with his Liquid Intelligence: The Art and Science of the Perfect Cocktail. This is pretty much an encyclopedia on perfecting the perfect cocktail. If there was a degree in cocktail making, Arnold would have a PhD. The section on making your own ice at home was a little over my dainty head, as I like to drink more than I like to make ice from scratch, but many of you will get much out of these tips. The photographs are beautiful, the 120 recipes are easy to follow, since it's the time of year to freeze where I'm from, the hot drink section was extra enticing, but there's definitely something for everyone.


No comments: