Thursday, October 30, 2014

learn how to use your DSLR.

I love photography. It is definitely my true calling. One I have been ignoring for years and years because I just can't stand that everyone with a camera is becoming a photographer these days. I'll just keep taking photos of my best friend's baby and my all of my brother's weddings (he's had 2 so far, I have photographed both - I wish I was kidding) and call it a day.




I recently received the ahhhmazing Art of Everyday Photography: Move Toward Manual and Make Creative Photos by Susan Tuttle and she basically just taught me how to use all of my Rebel "scene modes" which I have never really figured out even though I've had the camera for over a year. Thanks girl, that was a big help. Moving on to lenses. My Rebel can use multiple lenses, but I still use the one it came with because I am cheap and extremely ordinary. Well Tuttle has really opened my eyes in this book by sharing her own personal photos while also including the lens she used, along with the focal length, ISO, aperture and shutter speed settings. With the right DSLR camera, you can shoot photos just as fabulous as hers, and it's so easy! Like, I never realized how easy until I read this book. Tuttle even shares her favorite apps so you can create amazing photographs on your smart phone. This lady is speaking all of my languages.

No comments: