Wednesday, March 13, 2013

why manage diabetes when you can simply get rid of it?

I don't have a lot of experience with diabetes. No one in my family has had to deal with it, minus my uncle who quickly got his shit together and maintains a healthy lifestyle so now he doesn't have to worry much about it, as diabetes is reversible. If only one night stands were as well.

Anyways. Dr. Joel Fuhrman has developed an eat to live plan that can help prevent and reverse diabetes in his book, The End of Diabetes. Chapter 1 involves really understanding the causes of Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes. There is more background information on the disease but I dove right into the types of foods I should be eating to prevent diabetes, as a healthy twenty-something, I would much rather prevent it than have to reverse it later. Dr. Fuhrman makes it all very simple. What to eat, what not to eat, he even includes real life cases involving real life people to help readers like me truly understand the disease, and to give readers who have diabetes someone to relate to.


 

It's a good thing that I already like beans because you'll need to learn to love 'em, folks.

No comments: