Saturday, September 8, 2012

indian meets vegan.

I love Indian food. And I am talking Indians from India here people, I AM politically correct after all. I had my first experience with these delish dishes on my first trip to London, two years ago. Loved it.


Indian food in London.


I've never actually had home cooked Indian food, you know, cooked by the people who know it best. My cooking out of Anupy Singla's Vegan Indian Cookbook does not exactly count as homemade in my eyes, but it was still really yummy. Turning Indian food vegan does not seem that difficult for Singla, considering her cookbook is filled with 140 recipes. The spices make the food, and she includes pages and pages of information on them, so that you can make your food the way you like. Very spicy to not spicy and everywhere in between.




I made the Chickpea Poppers on page 100. Pretty much the easiest dish ever. I have yet to brave the whole curry situation. It's a work in progress here people.

No comments: