Monday, July 16, 2012

slim, calm, sexy....and live to be a million.

It turns out, that after oh, 10 years (on and off) of mildly caring about what I eat, the benefits of being thin are just not enough motivation for me to actually eat healthy every day. Yes, I know what you're thinking. It's a good thing I have such a fabulous personality. You know how certain foods are supposed to make your hair soft, your skin clear and your nails pretty? Well, my next plan is to try to eat foods with more omega whatevers and antioxidants so that I can not look like a dried up old lady in a couple of years. And MAYBE doing this will lead to a nicer bod.

I found the BEST book to help me with my new (obviously fool-proof) plan. Slim, Calm, Sexy Diet by Keri Glassman. I mean, I'd like to be slim, a little calm never hurt anyone, and sexy can always be improved upon no matter what. This is a six-week program focusing on finding the perfect balance in your life and eating 100% real foods. Glassman's research and studies focus on your mind, sleep, workout, skin, libido, metabolism and your LIFE SPAN. Hello, I'd like to live to be 120, and still be having sex regularly, thanks.





There is a weekly recipe guide. Lots of chicken, seafood, fruits and veggies. Quinoa, which I love, Greek yogurt and greens. And for you picky ones, Glassman gives you ideas on how to build a meal or a snack. She lists the slimming foods, calming foods, and sexy foods and explains the benefits of each. Not that I need an increase in my libido, but I like the idea of eating for a night of sin, and the more orgasms the better, am I right? There is also a Slim, Calm, Sexy Workout. And let's not forget why I picked up this book in the first place, the Get-Gorgeous Foods are on page 136, folks.

No comments: