Wednesday, June 20, 2012

comic strips for the little ones.

The instant I saw the title The Mighty Alice, I had to have this book. You see, my grandma’s name is Alice and let me tell you, she is quite the mighty lady. I am freakishly close with her; if you think hanging out every single night of the week for approximately three hours is freakish. Whatever, I’m sure it’s normal. I'm going to give you a little example of the grandma Alice "might" which can also be construed as the grandma Alice crazy.

Yup, my grandma started smoking in her hospital room after undergoing knee replacement surgery. And people wonder where my crazy comes from. Exhibit A, friends.

The Mighty Alice: A Cul de Sac Collection by Richard Thompson is a comic strip that follows the very mischievous four-year-old, Miss Alice Otterloop. Apparently Alice is well-known for her adventurous spirit as well as her tendency to be a bit odd. Thompson does an excellent job getting into the head of a four-year-old. It’s a very cute “funny” for your preschoolers. And if your little nuggets enjoy this collection, good news, there are three more.

No comments: