Thursday, March 29, 2012

can you see my vision?


I looked through Michael Freeman's The Photographer's Vision: Understanding and Appreciating Great Photography before I left on my two week European adventure, in hopes to improve the quality of my photographs. I wanted my collection to be more than just vacation snap shots. I took roughly 400 pictures, mostly of Ireland's beautiful landscapes and binge drinking. Freeman's three sections titled, "A Momentary Art", "Understanding Purpose" and "Photography Skills" were extremely beneficial to my amateur photography. In The Photographer's Vision, Freeman examines the work of photography’s greats, explaining how to look at a photo, and how to learn from looking at it. This book not only helps you see and appreciate a photographer's vision more clearly, but also put more vision behind your own photography. It's far more entertaining looking through hundreds of vacation photos when someone actually took the time to make them art.

Some of my shots....




No comments: