Sunday, February 19, 2012

bad ideas, 100% follow through.

Everyone has a friend or family member that has crazy ideas but (thankfully) ZERO follow through. My brother for instance, wanted to get married in Vegas, and then changed his mind a few weeks later before any real damage could be done. Anyone who knows me can attest that I am the exact opposite. Whether it be in the moment, or completely planned out, I come up with ideas, some good, some bad, some really really dangerously stupid, and no matter what I ALWAYS go through with them. Let's see, I can walk home from the bar by myself. Sure, I can take a rest on this persons front yard. And why not crawl up on to their porch and into a giant dog crate and sleep it off until morning. Let me just get a ride by the lady who found me at 7AM. All seemingly terrible ideas, executed by me in one night, Spring, 2008.


Now Chris Gethard had the right idea when he compiled all of his tales of poor judgment and made a book out of them in, A Bad Idea I'm About To Do. Hello, genius. Self proclaimed nerd, Gethard (that's a silly last name) shares with us the awkwardness of his first kiss, he hilariously describes losing his virginity, how he fought the law and the law won, and how Italian ice gave him herpes.

And no, I have no intention of explaining any of the above.

No comments: