Tuesday, July 13, 2010

a FLAWLESS cookbook.


Yes, popular chef Spike Mendelsohn's The Good Stuff Cookbook, is flawless, but I cannot say that it is good for your waistline. Health nuts, don't shy away. Food this good should not be 100% off limits.

Burger lovers? This book was made for you. After learning about Spike's restaurant in Washington, D.C. - I plan to visit when I head down that way at the end of the month. Apparently the fare from Good Stuff Eatery is shockingly similar to the recipes in this cookbook. If that's the case, I may need to relocate. The food is AMAZING in this book, so you can imagine how well it can turn out when I am not the one doing the cooking.

Spike is not the type of chef that keeps his secrets hidden. You are able to create exact replicas of the dishes in the cookbook, the same as he makes in his restaurant. My recommendations? The Toasted Marshmallow Shake (if it was physically possible to make love to a cold beverage, this would be the one) and Spike's Village Fries. Enjoy this comfort food!


****TO WIN A COPY - E-MAIL YOUR NAME, ADDRESS AND THIS BOOK TITLE TO: jenileerose@yahoo.com

No comments: