Monday, April 27, 2009

memoir.



I personally never watch "Law & Order" so I am not familiar with actress Isabel Gillies who wrote her personal story in "Happens Every Day." The reviews were pretty good, and I adore memoirs, so it was a no brain-er for me to pick one up. I am really, really glad I did. 

I don't really enjoy reading about peoples lives falling apart, especially when it's a true story. I skip the parts in movies that I don't like, the conflicts, the heartbreaks, I HATE watching/reading/hearing people be sad. Yes, the breakdown of Gillies marriage in this book was indeed sad, but there was something different about the way she wrote about it. It was almost as if she trusts you enough to tell you what no one ever wants to talk about. 

"Happens Every Day" is a heart-warming look at love lost, love found, forgiveness and finding joy in the present moment.

No comments: