Thursday, December 11, 2008

honk if you love jesus?

So I just got done reading this crazy ass book. One of my favorite Christian authors (can’t say I have a lot of them), Melody Carlson has done it again. She continues to amaze me that reading her books, though based on Christianity and filled with excellent messages, don’t make me want to throw up in my mouth.

Seriously, her book “The Other Side of Darkness” is about this chick that develops serious mental problems (that were a long time coming) but got INSANE once some honk if you love Jesus (not in a good way) pastor took over her church. It basically turned into a cult, and she went outside of her dammmmn mind. At first I was thinking I couldn’t even read it, it got me feeling so frustrated that some churches ARE psycho. Some do make people in their congregation go nuts thinking they always have to live in fear of Hell. It’s healthy to have a fear of God or whatever, but they take it to a whole other level.

This is a must read for those who enjoy the Jesus loving books, and those who just like to read, period.

No comments: